Comment

Feel free to leave comments. Be heard!

Friday 3 July 2009

Blake's Jerusalem for a Modern England



For those with Spotify, have the music too. You'll have to sing my lyrics over it.
http://open.spotify.com/track/5x8AeTGvkZ6BvJvwMzNXRK


Why don't all feet in modern times
Walk upon England's mountains green?
Why aren't the poor, of every skin
On England's pleasant pastures seen?
When will the harsh bright light of truth
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was equality buried here
Among these dark Satanic mills?

Bring me the Beveridge Report:
Bring me our England from the mire:
Bring me all people, young and old!
Bring me my chariot of fire!
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have forged equality
In England's green and pleasant land.

No comments:

Post a Comment